Thanks for inviting me to speak with your class. This post includes a reading list for some of the topics we covered as well as links to the tools and resources I cited in my presentation. Please post any comments/questions if you have them. My deck is linked as a PDF below as well.
Reading roundup for the AU Master’s class:
- Subscribe to the SEMoz blog here: http://www.seomoz.org/blog. You won’t regret it.
- Melanie Phung (PBS): Mastering keyword research (this encompasses the 5 steps we touched on – better to get it from the source)
- Sam Crocker (SEOMoz): Keyword difficulty and finding the right ones
- Ciaran Norries (SEOMoz): Headlines and Body Copy (part of a series)
- Robert Niles (OJR): Top 10 SEO tipcs for online news start-ups
- Eric Ulken (OJR): Headline writing tips
- Robert Niles (OJR): How, and where, to hyperlink within a news story
- Scott Cowley (SEJ): Covering live events – can be applied to news stories, not just conferences
SEO Research Tools:
SEO Implementation Tools (WordPress):
- SEO for WordPress (plugin) SEO for WordPress Guide (docs)
- Google Analytics for WordPress
- Google News Sitemaps for WordPress
Lastly, you can download the PDF of my presentation, SEO Basics for Journalists.
- No public Twitter messages.